Thursday, June 28, 2012

32 weeks

-Total pregnancy weight gain: As of last Friday at the Dr's, 8 lbs.  No gain but our Dr is okay with it--for now.  She ordered another sonogram at our next appointment just to make sure baby is on track(I have gotten good at getting more of those than the normal pregnancy).  She said that I might just be one of the "lucky ones" but she also was funny and said, all I'm saying is that if there is something you WANT to eat, you have about 8 more weeks to get it in.  Ha! 

-Clothes: I feel like the bump is growing a lot (I measured at 29 weeks last Friday so it is growing and  it's not just my imagination) and I like how it's looking in my regular clothes:)  With it being so hot around here these days, I may need to invest in a few more dresses just because as the bump grows, the hemline climbs in my non-maternity work dresses....not very professional, haha. 

-Food aversions: Nothing really. I feel like I'm eating pretty normal these days.  I still can't eat very much in one sitting and I'm trying to avoid spicy foods to avoid heartburn. 

-Food cravings: Salads and fresh fruit sound good these days since it's hot.  I've had a bit of ice cream and I bought some popsicles this week too...but I have yet to have one.  We had queso last week when our sweet friend Nicole was in town and I ate the heck out of it.  That has been one consistent craving! 

-Gender hunch: Still no hunch.  But I'm getting SO excited to find out soon.

-Workouts: So far this week, just running.  It truly is amazing to wake up with this bump and think there is no way running will be comfortable or possible...and then it is!  Love that.  I miss walking with Scout and Aaron at night but I've been staying in since it's still high 90s after dinner.  Wow, can you tell it's hot here?  I feel like this post is all about the heat.   

-Sleep:  Lots of bathroom breaks and I tend to get some charlie horses at night.  What's weird (and good) is that I can sense when they are coming on and if I just move my leg or not point my toes, they go away.  I'm grateful for that but I also need to make an effort to up my potassium then. 

-General Feelings: I'm feeling great this week.  Between last week and this week, the upper back pain and rib pain has all but disappeared so that's been awesome (especially since I returned the maternity belt because I really felt like it wasn't helping).  As I already mentioned, the heat is interesting but it's not unbearable.  We went to the Rangers game last week and I had a "hot flash" where I literally sat and just sweated for a few minutes (so lovely) but I guess I was halfway expecting it to be worse than that (don't worry, we were sitting in the shade the entire time).  I've tried to be smart about how much I'm outside...I'm not trying to be a "tough girl" at this point! 

Aaron and I are pretty excited because we found some nursery furniture yesterday!  It was a great deal on Craigslist...in Odessa.  Thankfully, Aaron's parents will go pick it up for us this weekend and then we'll figure out the details of how we'll actually get it to Dallas.  I think we'll tackle taping off (me) and painting (Aaron) the nursery this weekend so that is fun.  What's not fun is picking the actual color of the walls...there are way too many options out there! 

The other feeling is probably disbelief.  8 weeks to go?  Maybe less?!  Crazy.  A friend pointed out yesterday that in a few days I'll be able to tell people that our baby is due "next month".  Eek!! 

Picture time!

No comments:

Post a Comment