Tuesday, April 24, 2012

22-23 weeks

I missed a whole week!  Not sure how that happened but it did so this will serve as the 22 and 23 week update:

-Total pregnancy weight gain: Edited to add 2 lbs since my last appointment so 7 total!

-Clothes: I'm still in all of my non-maternity dresses which is what I wear to work almost every day.  I did break down and buy a pair of maternity black dress pants from Motherhood Maternity 2 weekends ago but I have yet to wear them.  It's good to know I have them in my arsenal though.  I wore a pair of jeans on Saturday and could button and zip them but I decided to use the "hairband trick" because it was more comfortable.  When I see pictures of me and my belly, I'm shocked that jeans can still fit all this!  Another fun fact--I wore heels last Monday night.  It was just for a short event and I just got tired of wearing flats so I gave them a whirl.  I felt fine but I don't dare wear them for a full day at work, just in case my sciatic decides to flare up or something.

-Food aversions: Anything that takes planning ahead for.  Food doesn't sound good until I actually taste it or smell it.  Then I'm hungry.

-Food cravings: No real cravings this week.  I did have a craving for french fries over the weekend and I actually had them TWICE!  (Aaron was happy to indulge me).  I had kid's fries from Chick Fil A and some fries with a turkey burger at Mooyah on Sunday after church!  Really, I think I was craving the ketchup more than the fries but either way, it hit the spot!  I have noticed that I've been drinking a lot of water (and other liquids too), even for me.  I feel thirsty a lot and it makes me feel better to drink water so I definitely give into that!  Oh and we got a juicer for our birthdays so I've been drinking a bunch of juice and the baby seems to like it!

1 orange, 1/2 green apple, 1/2 pear, 1/2 sweet potato


1 cup of romaine lettuce, 1 apple, 1/2 pear
 -Gender hunch: Really not feeling one way or the other this week!  Just going to try to not look too hard at the sono tomorrow!

-Workouts: More running than yoga these days.  I feel like I'm in the inbetween time of regular and prenatal yoga and so instead of figuring out what to do, I just run instead.  I'm so grateful for how I've been able to keep running and I think to myself every day that I better run today in case I can't tomorrow.  Yoga, on the other hand, will be there til the very end so that usually makes my decision easy.  Walks with Scout have been good to me as well. 

-Sleep: Sleeping well and sleeping hard, other than the obligatory pee breaks!

-General Feelings:  Feeling pregnant and feeling awesome.  The baby kicks (and hiccups too) are so fun and they're not making me nauseous like they were a little bit in the beginning.  Aaron got to feel some of them lately too and it just makes it real.  I'm LOVING that I look pregnant now.  I had a stranger at work ask me when my baby was due last week and it made my whole day.  I'm trying to enjoy every minute of this because time sure is flying.  I'm a little anxious about registering for baby stuff because we haven't really thought much about it but I know we have time.  We did register for our classes at the hospital and we did our pre-registration for our hospital stay too.  It's getting real, folks!

-Baby E was a banana last week and a mango this week.  Which doesn't really make sense to me because every mango I've seen is smaller than a banana.  Another website said pomegranate..whatever, here's baby E at 23 weeks!

Sunday before church

This morning!
It's funny to be wearing this dress because I have pictures in it here:


19 weeks

With Julie at Pepperdine, May 2010
 
At my San Francisco Bridal Shower in March 2009

One day (I hope!) it will fit like that again!!!  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment