-Total pregnancy weight gain: Probably nothing significant since last week. So, 7 total so far.
-Clothes: A few dresses are getting mighty snug but I have yet to wear anything maternity. I went shopping for some maternity shorts last week and they don't fit quite right yet. Fortunately, I have a few pairs that still work (some elastic waisted and some with the hairtie trick!) I think these are pretty cute from Old Navy and I should probably just break down and order some at some point.
-Food aversions: I'm sensitive to salt right now. In the beginning, nothing was salty enough but now, I'm finding some things TOO salty for my tastes.
-Food cravings: No real I-have-to-have-it-now cravings, but I'm still loving navel oranges, spicy food, and "heartier foods"--cheese, pasta, meat like turkey and chicken. I'd still rather have something "real food-ish" than sweets.
-Gender hunch: No clue this week.
-Workouts: It'll be kind of a boring week but I'm planning to run 30 minutes a day this week and walk the dog on her regular schedule--25 to 30 minutes in the morning and 45 to 60 in the evenings. I did some Turbofire last week and it was a great workout! I have loved running but I forget that my upper body doesn't benefit too much from that so all the turbokick punching was awesome.
-Sleep: Sleeping well but I wake up a little sore sometimes based on the way my body ends up sleeping on my side. Definitely taking pee breaks almost every night and last night, I got my first real calf cramp. It made me yelp from the tightening! Trying to be proactive to prevent it so I just finished eating a banana!
-General Feelings: I can't even believe that we're 6 months into this thing, that is crazy to me how fast time is flying. This past weekend, Aaron and I went away for our anniversary and it was fun to just stick my belly out there and be pregnant and proud! I did have a funny moment at a restaurant on Sunday when we were eating lunch. Our waitress was really nice, really attentive. Before we left, I decided I should probably go to the bathroom so Aaron told me he'd just wait outside the restaurant. On my way to the bathroom, I passed our waitress and my belly caught her off guard. She said, "oh wow, you're pregnant!" Guess she couldn't tell with me sitting down and it's pretty hard to hide it at this point!! Aaron and I started our registry on Sunday but we did it very blindly. We didn't even have a list of must-haves or anything! Let's just say that we have a little bit of researching to do....
-Baby E is the length of an ear of corn this week and another website said that the baby is the size of a cantaloupe. I also read that my uterus is the size of a SOCCER BALL this week. Holy cow, the human body is amazing.
| 24 weeks (with the help of some wind) in Fredericksburg |
No comments:
Post a Comment