Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Week 14

A quick recap of week 14 so far:

-Total pregnancy weight gain: 1 lb.

-Clothes: Everything still fits. My pants are a little bit tighter and I'm trying to embrace the muffin top. Same with my bras. As I already mentioned, I wore a belly band yesterday even though it served no purpose and I returned the only 2 items of maternity clothes I've bought so far.

-Food aversions: This one is so hard because it really depends on the minute. We had salmon over the weekend and I didn't want it and didn't want to smell it. Oh! Girl Scout cookies--not interested.

-Food cravings: I'm still liking vitamin water zeroes and I can't seem to get enough of imitation krab California rolls, specifically with brown rice. When we landed in San Francisco over the weekend, I couldn't wait to get veggie chips and dried mangoes from Trader Joe's. Bagels and cream cheese sound good and I've had a few--a chocolate Noah's Bagel while we were in the city and some whole wheat bagel thins at home. Fresh berries sound really good and so do oranges. Raw baby carrots too. I'm also thirsty, very often...and you know I'm far from dehydrated at any given moment!

-Gender hunch: I'm starting to really think this might be a boy?! No real reason, just starting to come around to the idea that my initial feelings might be wrong.

-Workouts: I'm still feeling really good when I work out. Last week, I ran 3 days and did yoga 1. This week, I plan to run 4 days and do yoga twice, my usual schedule. Also, the nightly walk with Scout really helps me feel better in the afternoons.

-Sleep: I'm still sleeping well but I'm trying really hard to avoid sleeping on my back because I know I need to be making the transition to my side...my left side, to be exact. Isn't that strange? Apparently, sleeping on the left is optimum for blood flow and circulation to the baby. Yoga has made me very akin to laying on my right side but what can you do. Aaron bought me a boppy pregnancy pillow for Valentine's Day and so I'm glad I have that to help me with the transition. I've been holding out on using it because it's like a whole third person in our bed because it's so big, haha! I'll probably try it this weekend.

-General Feelings: I have to say that I am thinking/worrying that I might be having the reverse of most pregnancies. After a really great first trimester, I feel like the last week or so have been rough (relatively) for me. I am still sleeping well and I feel fine in the mornings, definitely good enough to work out and get myself to work and be productive. By the afternoon, however, I hit a bit of a wall and feel a little bit nauseous/uncomfortable. I still have yet to get sick but I vascillate daily between "Do I feel bad because I need to eat?" and "I ate because I was worried that's why I feel bad and now I feel sick"...and that seems to be the only time that my clothes feel tight and uncomfortable. I'm not sure what that's all about but I'm trying to remember that, uh, I'm pregnant. I know that I've gotten really used to feeling so normal and so sometimes I just have to remember that a lot of crazy things are going on in my body right now! I'm not very hungry, contrary to everything that I've read about this time period but that will change, I'm sure. I'm excited to go to the doctor next Wednesday to hear our little one's heartbeat again...as uncomfortable as I feel in the afternoons, I continue to doubt sometimes that I'm actually pregnant because of how few symptoms I've experienced/I'm experiencing. Ultimately, I continue to really enjoy being pregnant, especially now that more people know about it. What a blessing and a privilege.

And drumroll, please....introducing baby E, as a lemon this week:

We have a little bit of progress in the bump department, yes? Unfortunately, I think it looks like I've been hitting the drive-thrus more than the treadmill. Did I say lemon? Baby E is more like a cheeseburger and some fries. After I saw that picture this morning, I told Aaron to take one more with me trying to push out my stomach a little more.
Ok, so this seemed like a really good idea in my head at the time. I. look. ridiculous. In the words of my husband, "you're trying real hard". Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment