Monday, February 20, 2012

Bump Envy

It's no surprise that I'm on the hunt for this bump.

Evidence: I make my husband take pictures at 6am while he's trying to watch the dog just so I can see if what I feel like should be there is actually there. I bought 2 pairs of maternity jeans last week...and then returned them today because I'm trying to face reality that I may not need jeans by the time I can actually wear them...can you say, pregnant in the summer IN TEXAS. I ordered a belly band weeks ago and am wearing it today because I really wanted to, not because it's actually doing what it is supposed to do (read: my pants are buttoned and zipped like normal).

And just when I come to terms with the fact that I'm not showing yet, I log onto read one of my favorite blogs and find this post...http://www.imanokie.com/2012/02/almost-halfway/. A picture of Lisa herself at FOURTEEN WEEKS.

Well, at least it's only Monday of this week...

1 comment:

  1. Ah the great comparison of the bumps! I did that too with my favorite bloggers. Not to pour salt in your wound, but even though I was showing a bit at 14 weeks... at 18 weeks I could still button a pair of my regular jeans pretty comfortably.

    I say enjoy this time in your regular jeans! Maybe you will luck out like myself and we won't have to wear many "maternity" clothes and can get buy with skirts/dresses in the warmer months!

    (PS: You don't have comments set up where I can comment as I usually would...this is Lisa from I'm an Okie)

    ReplyDelete