Tuesday, July 24, 2012

36 weeks

-Total pregnancy weight gain: We had a dr's appointment yesterday so officially up a pound from 2 weeks ago--12 lbs total. 

-Clothes: Working the dress rotation for work--Nike Tempos and tank tops that are definitely too short to wear out in public at home, haha! 

-Food aversions: I'm feeling like I'm eating pretty normal these days.

-Food cravings: Still on a pretty big fruit kick...plums, nectarines, peaches, and grapes.

-Gender hunch: Boy again this week!  Baby's heart rate was 140 yesterday which is dead center in the old wives' tales..how appropriate, haha.

-Workouts: I was blessed with another great workout week last week and got in 6 workouts: 3 runs, including an hour long run, 2 yoga days, and 1 Turbofire workout.  So far this week, I ran yesterday and did yoga this morning. 

-Sleep: I'm still sleeping well but I'm up to about 3 bathroom trips throughout the night.   Fortunately, I can go right back to sleep usually. 

-General Feelings: I'm feeling great, much better than I ever anticipated feeling this late in the game.  I do feel like baby is on the brain all day, every day but that's to be expected, I think!  A few tidbits from the past week:

1. We had a HUGE Craigslist week last week.  On Tuesday, Aaron met the seller who sold us our glider and ottoman and it's in great shape.  That night, I also met a seller who sold us the car seat adapter for our stroller!  On Wednesday, I bought a changing pad for the changing table, and on Thursday, I picked up a Medela Pump In Style breast pump with a ton of attachments for FREE!  We were so blessed with super easy, non-shady transactions...gotta love Craigslist.

2.  On Friday, I had a work shower.  Four sweet work friends planned a great lunch shower at this adorable restaurant called Chocolate Angel close to campus.  It is such a girly tea-room kind of place and it was perfect for a baby shower!  The food was delicious and the company was great.  Everyone was so generous and Baby E (and his/her parents) were definitely spoiled.  Speaking of spoiled, I have yet another work shower tomorrow!  That's the beauty of working at a school within a University, haha.  Friday was school people, tomorrow is more University wide people. Here's a few photos from Friday.  There were lots of cameras so when I get more pictures, I'll add them!
My co-worker and one of the hostesses, Maggie

The group gift!
3.  After the shower, I came home to Aaron putting the stroller together.  So exciting!  Can't wait to take that baby for a spin!  After much deliberation, we decided to go with just one stroller, the BOB Revolution SE in Orange.  I just love it!

4.  Saturday morning, Aaron and I took a Breastfeeding class at Texas Health Dallas.  This is not the hospital where we are going to deliver but the class offering was better so we took it there.  The class was 2.5 hours and I felt like it could have been at least double that!  We both learned a lot and are glad that we went.

5.  We pretty much finished the nursery over the weekend.  There's still more we want to add once the baby arrives (like the baby's name) but we're really happy with how it turned out.  Here's a sneak peek...

I took some pictures with our SLR camera that show off the colors and stuff better so I'll do a post on just the nursery sometime soon.

6.  The last thing we did for baby on Saturday was put together the Pack and Play crib!  This crib will go in our room and we plan to have the baby sleep in the Newborn Napper and bassinet part of the crib until he/she can make the move to the actual crib.  It's getting pretty real seeing that in our bedroom! 

7.  Last, but not least, we had a doctor's appointment yesterday and now we will go every week until our due date.  It was pretty routine: weight, blood pressure, baby's heart rate, fundal measurement (I'm measuring at 35 weeks, caught up a little!)...and I was tested for Group B Strep too.  30% of pregnant women carry GBS and it's not a big deal, they just have to know so that they can give you antibiotics in labor so you don't pass it along to the baby. I guess I'll find out next week how I did! 

36 week picture, standing in Baby E's nursery before church!
It's a little blurry but you can't miss that bump!

Have a great week...next update we'll be FULL TERM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment