-Total pregnancy weight gain: We'll find out at the Dr's appointment we have next Monday. Hopefully a pound or so. Baby weighs a whopping 4 lbs this week according to Babycenter and I feel like my belly (and baby) are going through a growth spurt!
-Clothes: Still in some regular clothes but I have a steady rotation of maybe 4 work dresses and one maternity skirt that I bought at the GAP some weeks back. It's fun to be able to fit some old dresses for comparison's sake!
-Food aversions: Nothing really!
-Food cravings:
Sandwiches have sounded pretty good lately and I asked Aaron to stop for some French Silk ice cream last Friday and the half gallon or so is almost gone...and Aaron doesn't like the flavor so you do the math, haha!
-Gender
hunch: As Aaron pointed out, I'm very back-and-forth about this...like, every day I switch my vote and not for any particular reason.
-Workouts: Well, last week's running for 5 days straight and a long run on Friday might have been my last hurrah. I ran yesterday morning and felt pretty good while running but in the shower, I felt a little pain/soreness in my groin and/or pelvis region--I'm not sure exactly. I did some research online and this is all very common and why most preggos don't run so of course, I remain extremely grateful for how much I've been able to do all this time. It feels better today but I forced myself to do yoga this morning and we'll just have to play it by ear! As I mentioned, I feel like the bump is growing a ton and so I'm not totally surprised that parts of my body are starting to feel the weight differently. I may try to run with a belly band and see if that helps. When I think about running with a 4 lb baby, it kind of makes sense that it might feel less than normal, haha! I'm trying to stay optimistic because even if this is the end of running, 1) it's been a good..well, run and 2) there are other things I can do to stay active for 7 more weeks (maybe less!).
-Sleep: Same old story--lots of bathroom breaks and potential charlie horses. I tend to feel a little bit uncomfortable when I first lay down to go to bed but I think I'm still sleeping pretty soundly. I'm definitely still having some weird and vivid dreams so I must be getting my REM sleep!
-General Feelings: Excited. Anxious. Sad about running. Large and in charge....Aaron and I had a great, productive weekend around the house and I'm really grateful for such an awesome husband. On Saturday, we cleaned out the nursery for painting which resulted in organizing a lot of Baby E's stuff so the house just feels cleaner and neater. We picked out paint and sort of took a chance on a new color and we feel like we were rewarded!! Aaron worked so hard to get the room done and we were able to hang curtains by Sunday afternoon!
I love how it turned out. We'll get the nursery furniture in 2 weeks when our friend Ry comes in from Midland and I can't wait to see it in there. We have some decorating ideas but we can't really start on any of those until we see where the pieces will actually go so for now, it just makes me happy to peek my head in there and think about a little peanut living in that room.
Speaking of little peanuts, we went to visit our sweet friends Ryan and Katie who welcomed Baby Jack into the world last week. Holding a brand new baby, smelling that new baby smell, and listening to his sweet little noises---oh, it just gets you! It made Aaron and I SO excited to meet Baby E.
Life is good at 33 weeks..mostly because we're just getting so close and now that it's July, it definitely feels real. We were supposed to go to a breastfeeding and lamaze class this week at the hospital but we decided that 4 hours of classes after a full day of work did not seem like the best idea. These classes were free at our hospital so we didn't really miss out. Instead, we're paying for a breastfeeding and baby class but they're going to be a shorter duration and on the weekend so we're looking forward to that a little bit more. I remember when we signed up for these classes and they seemed so far away...
I took these photos today after doing yoga at home. Love that lulu and I appreciate the 4-way stretch now more than ever!!! (ps, Baby E is the size of a pineapple this week)
Happy 4th!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment