Monday, June 11, 2012

Oh my! Weeks 28-30

I had no idea I was so behind on these posts!  But I guess a lot has happened in 3 weeks.  Aaron came home after a 10 week long work training in San Antonio so we are thrilled that he is finally home for good.  I didn't mention it on the blog for safety reasons since it was just me and the pup at home--better to be safe than sorry!  And then we went to Maui for our babymoon last week and now here we are! 

-Total pregnancy weight gain: 8 lbs. 

-Clothes: I broke down and bought some maternity shorts and tank tops from Old Navy and Target for Maui.  The long tank tops make a huge difference although I am still wearing some of my non-maternity tanks and just constantly pulling on them, haha.  I also got a foldover maternity skirt from Old Navy that my friend Courtney told me she lived in and wow, that skirt is SO comfortable!  This past weekend, I was on the hunt for a baby shower dress and I kind of knew what I didn't want....I didn't want a maternity dress that was super flowy because it just has SO much material!  I think it makes you look (and feel) way bigger than you actually are and what pregnant (or non-pregnant) woman wants to feel that way??  I ended up buying a really simple dress one size bigger at H&M and I love it! 

-Food aversions: No real aversions but I'm trying to stay away from a lot of spicy foods or citrus because I have a probably somewhat irrational fear of heartburn.  I've never experienced it in my life and I guess that's why I'm so scared of it!

-Food cravings: Ice cold drinks, japanese rice crackers or wheat thins or something carby/salty like that (this was a hit in Hawaii), fruit, peanut butter, queso and chips.  Food still doesn't really sound good until I see it or smell it and then, unfortunately, it doesn't take much for me to go from starving to feeling stuffed in, like, 2 bites.  I bought FIVE pints of Blue Bell ice cream on sale on Friday after our appointment and that has been fun, for mama and daddy-to-be!

-Gender hunch: At our appointment on Friday, I really started to think that we have a little mini-Aaron in there.  The sonographer called the baby "he" two times and never "she" but then again, she has a little boy and I've noticed that moms use the gender they have as a default so who knows.  The baby's heartbeat has also slowed down quite a bit, to 136, and I've heard that as much as the heartrate is an old wive's tale, it can be somewhat reliable the farther along you get. 

-Workouts: Running (just 30 minutes every other day now and much slower), walking with Scout (although not nearly as much as I used to because it's getting hot and Aaron is home to share that responsibility), and a little bit of Turbofire.  There has not been nearly enough yoga in my life so I need to start making that a priority.  I just feel like I want to run as much as I can because I don't ever know when I'll wake up and not be able to feel good doing it! 

-Sleep:  Still sleeping fairly well but lots of bathroom trips and I did have my first run-in with insomnia on Saturday night.  I've never really had a hard time sleeping but Saturday felt different, definitley what I imagine insomnia feels like!  Let's just say that I'd be okay with not having that again:)  Laying on my back and even on my right side feels very strange now.  I miss it so much and sometimes I'll try to cheat and sort of roll and see how far I can get but the baby and my body make it pretty clear that it is no longer an option.  I sort of feel nauseous but it goes away immediately when I roll back to my left side.  I'm so grateful for the boppy that Aaron bought me all those many months ago.  Even though it takes up SO much room in our bed, I can't imagine trying to sleep without it!   

-General Feelings:  The last few weeks have been pretty exciting now that we're in the last trimester.  I'm a broken record but I just can't believe how fast the time has flown by.  I vascillate between being so sad about the pregnancy ending and then so anxious to meet Baby E, especially because 4 friends had babies just last week alone!  Overall, I feel incredibly grateful for this pregnancy and our healthy baby and I am just soliciting prayers for the next 10 weeks that things stay this good!  I was really worried about our appointment on Friday because we were going to do the sono so that the Dr could see if baby was on track since I was measuring behind.  The bad news was that I only gained a pound but the good news is that baby is doing great.  Baby is a little over 3 lbs and meausuring 3 days ahead of the due date even though I'm still measuring 2 weeks behind.  Praise God!  Such a relief.  Other than that, I was surprised to feel a few waves of nausea when we were in Hawaii but the Dr thought that it could have been a number of things--the time difference, the long flight, etc etc.  I have not felt exhausted yet but I do feel like I have to be really careful to not overeat in one sitting or else I do feel a little bit nauseous.  My upper back/rib pain is still  present on a fairly consistent basis but it's tolerable. I haven't broken down and taken tylenol yet.  It usually is better if I can lay on my left side (it's on my right side) and sitting with something against my upper back or lower back (lumbar area) makes a big difference.  I crammed the airplane blanket inbetween my back and my chair for pretty much the whole flight and it was a lifesaver.  Emotionally/mentally, Aaron and I could not be any more excited.  It's also very overwhelming since we feel like we have so much to do still but we're enjoying the ride.  This week is going to be great because my mom is flying in and we're going to Odessa for Aaron's 10 year reunion and our first baby shower is on Saturday!  I think that is going to make it a little more real when we pack up "our" baby stuff on Sunday and bring it home to "our" nursery.  EEK! 

I managed to let week 28 slip by with no pictures, crazy!  But here's week 29, somewhere in Maui...
I will do an actual Babymoon post sometime later this week with more pics and details where we stayed and what we did, etc.

This picture is from today--30 weeks!
And just because 30 weeks feels like a pretty special milestone, a note to Baby E:

No comments:

Post a Comment