Tuesday, April 3, 2012

20 Weeks

Sorry, I had hoped to post yesterday's 19 week post last week and so that's why weeks 19 and 20 are kind of stacked!  Although it does kind of feel like time is moving that fast!!

Week 20--HALFWAY.  I can hardly believe it!

-Total pregnancy weight gain: I've almost given up on our scale at home because it is so different than the Dr's scale.  Nonetheless, no change from last week so far.

-Clothes: Miraculously, my jeans still fit!  But I'm still pretty much living in dresses.  I shopped a little with my girlfriend who was visiting this weekend (Hi Mel!) and I think I have a pretty good handle on what works in terms of non-maternity clothes.  Basically, dresses that have a high enough waist are best and A-line tank tops are great too.  I'm on the hunt for some new flats since the few pairs I have are getting worn out fast now that they're getting so much usage!

-Food aversions: Nothing really notable.  Fish doesn't sound good but it hasn't really sounded good this entire pregnancy.  I was sort of on a cereal kick but it doesn't sound very good at all. 

-Food cravings: This isn't a craving per se, but per BabyCenter, I need to focus on my iron intake now.  So, hopefully I'll crave beans, spinach, and even iron-fortified cereal, like Total. No real cravings so far this week...I'll think about something during the day and then by dinner, it's worn off and I end up eating something fairly random like a chicken apple sausage and some veggies (could be worse).  This weekend, I did have a craving for Fuzzy's queso (which we indulged) and it was awesome.

-Gender hunch: Still boy this week...

-Workouts: I've been running more often but much shorter distances, like 2-3 miles at a time.  I still feel great running and I am sure grateful for that at the 20 week mark!  My hip flexors have been a little bit sore so I am trying to stretch a lot more and fit more yoga in.  I'm really enjoying the twice daily walks with Scout while the weather has been nice.  Our morning walk is fairly short and sweet but we take our time in the afternoon. 

-Sleep: Storing up for the future...

-General Feelings:  I'm just loving this part of the pregnancy.  I feel great, my body's starting to finally change a little bit, and I have officially hit this 20-week halfway milestone.  We've received some great baby gifts lately and I'll have to dedicate a post to the thoughtful gifts people have sent us so far...all of that makes it pretty real.  Aaron and I started looking at the classes we are going to take at the hospital this summer and I find myself starting to surf the 'net for some registry checklists so we can start thinking about making some decisions.  It's a fun, exciting time for sure. 

-Last but definitely not least, Baby E, is a cantaloupe this week, and as long as a banana!

The sweater picture is a little more "accurate".  I stood at a somewhat bump-friendly angle in the top picture:)

No comments:

Post a Comment