Monday, April 2, 2012

19 Weeks

-Total pregnancy weight gain: 4 lbs (dr's scale).  Home scale: 6 lbs.

-Clothes: Because I'm showing a bit more now, I'm a tad more comfortable wearing closer-fitting shirts without feeling like I have a beer gut hanging out!  Work clothes are still everything but pants--skirts and dresses.  At home, I'm living in Nike tempo shorts and flip flops!  Honestly, I'm kind of over wearing flats every single day but my sciatic nerve has been great pain-free lately and I have yet to have any back or leg pain so I don't want to take my chances in heels at all at this point.  

-Food aversions: I have noticed that my tastes are changing just a little bit.  Lately, salty food has tasted REALLY salty to me and that's a first.  Before this week, nothing was salty enough!

-Food cravings: A new one has been potato salad.  I had sort of been craving it a few weeks ago and I had some at Rudy's BBQ with my brother and T on Monday and since then, I can't get enough.  Actually, that's not true, I can really only handle about 1/4 cup at each sitting, haha.  I'm loving huge, juicy navel oranges, green grapes, and snacks like popcorn and wheat thins.  Sweets are not really happening this week.  I have a plate of chocolate chip cookies at home in the cake stand and a handful of these left over from Aaron's birthday last week and I couldn't care less about them in the house. 

-Gender hunch: I've been thinking boy this week simply because I feel like I'm starting to carry low.  Old wives tale but it's my hunch. 

-Workouts: I'm still a little bit on Cloud 9 that me and baby were able to run the half marathon on Sunday.  I took Monday off and counted walking Scout as exercise (probably about an hour worth of walking).  I ran Tuesday (just 30 min) and Wednesday (50 min) and have a busy day at work today and tonight so walking Scout will once again be my exercise.  I hope to run tomorrow or Saturday or get some yoga in--I have yet to do that this week! 

-Sleep: Well, I slept like an absolute rock last night.  I've been tired enough to fall almost right asleep at night and I also think I'm finally used to my boppy and sleeping on my side!  Gotta bank that sleep while you can!!
-General Feelings:  First, the bad.  I don't know if it's all the sun from this past weekend or if it is pregnancy related but my skin could not be more dry right now. I have patches of serious dry, flaky skin on the back of both of my hands, my nose, and my entire forehead.  Luckily, it's a pretty quick fix but it's an interesting symptom.  I guess that's really not that bad, haha.  I'm feeling great--I'm excited that I was able to run the half mary, excited that  I'm finally showing, and so relieved that everything went great at our 19 week appointment and ultrasound yesterday.  Baby E is developing right on schedule and the only issue yesterday was that his/her head was down on my bladder so it was 1) somewhat uncomfortable and 2) difficult for the tech to see and measure the heart like she needed to for the check-up.  Fortunately, that just means that we'll have another chance to see baby in 4 weeks!  Baby's heartrate was 147 bpm and my blood pressure was "perfect" according to our nurse at 100/58.  The Dr. was happy to see that I had gained some weight but she told me to expect (and make it happen!?) huge gains over the next 2 months.  After that, she said it will probably slow down again.  She said that people sort of freak out about that but I am honestly ready for that.  I know it's good for baby and knowing that I can expect that now is really motivating to do what's best for the babe.  I'm starting to feel slightly overwhelmed about registering and I know we need to start looking into, and signing up for, classes at the hospital too.  I can hardly believe we're almost half way. 

Speaking of half way, I never understood friends of mine who were a little bit sad to see their pregnancies come to an end.  Of course, they were so excited to meet their little ones--finally--but at almost 20 weeks, I think I get it.  Sure it has its ups and downs and I know I have a lot more to go (ahem, labor), but I've really enjoyed pregnancy.  It's sort of like being a bride in that people are so excited for you and it gives you this renewed energy and spirit to get up and face every day and what it holds.  I think it's also knowing that there will never be another March 29, 2012 after today.  When this pregnancy ends, an entire new phase of our life begins--and there's no going back!  That's incredibly exciting but a tad overwhelming, don't you think?  Every day, I truly thank God for this experience and how easy I know I've had it.  Between feeling good and the baby being 100% healthy so far, I know that has definitely made this process so special and enjoyable for me. 

-Last but definitely not least, Baby E, as a heirloom tomato (BabyCenter) or mango (The Bump) this week!

From the front:
But, from the side:

1 comment:

  1. You're looking good! PS~Matt said he would watch the kids one night and me and you could meet up for dinner somewhere since Aaron is out of town. Let me know what a good day/time would be for you! :)

    ReplyDelete