Monday, March 19, 2012

Divine Consign

Yesterday, I went to a huge baby/kids consignment sale called Divine Consign.  Two families from church started this event and a bunch of our friends who are moms told me about it.  They volunteer every year to work the sales and in return, they get first dibs at all the goodies!  The sale happens twice a year in two locations, Plano and Grapevine.  The great news is that the next Plano sale will be in September, right after Baby E is here!

I was really excited to go see what Divine Consign was all about.  I didn't have really high hopes for buying a lot of things since I don't know if I should be looking at pink or blue.  They did advertise maternity clothes so I was hoping I'd find something I couldn't live without.

The Plano sale was at the Plano Convention Center and yesterday afternoon was the first "open to the public" day.  The sale continues today and then everything will be marked 50% off this evening and then 75% off tomorrow!  It is free admission, except for the first two hours of the first day which was only $2 entry and the money went to the Make-A-Wish Foundation--very cool.

I didn't get to the sale until 3pm but when I first walked in, I could see women leaving with armloads of toys and clothes.  I started to get a little bit excited, haha.

I found the maternity section really quick but at 18 weeks, maternity clothes still look so big to me!  There were a few things here and there that were definitely bargains but nothing fit my "can't live without it" standard.  Oh well.  One of the main reasons I wanted to go to this sale was to see what I could expect in September when we will have things to buy for baby.  Divine Consign also has giftcards and so I've thought about registering for some of those.

I was too overwhelmed to take my own pictures yesterday so these are from their website/facebook.  I can attest to the validity of these--there really was THIS much stuff.
Things really are bigger in Texas.
Incredible right?  So many of the clothing items still had tags on them.

In the end, I spent a whopping $3.79 on two dad-to-be books for Aaron.  We had been talking about some good resources for him and what can I say, I love a bargain!  Hopefully they're good ones.

For more information on Divine Consign, check out their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment