Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Post Partum Workouts

I know what you're thinking.  Woman, you have 10  more weeks and your world is about to be turned upside down.  Isn't it a little premature to be thinking about post-partum workouts?  The answer is YES...but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't doing a teensy bit of research into life after baby.

For you moms out there, I know that I'm probably being a little naive and ambitious thinking that I'll be able to keep up my regular routine with the whole screaming baby, not a lot of sleep, nursing (fingers crossed) thing.  And I totally get that and I'm trying to prepare myself for that big change.  I know that I know just about nothing about having a newborn but I do know that I'm going to try my best to do what I can with what I have because of my first true love of fitness (and a super supportive and helpful husband who knows what fun it is to live with a wife who doesn't get enough endorphins).

I have no idea how the day-to-day will work but I'm counting on a few things: walks in our neighborhood with baby and Scout, the trusty treadmill that I love so dearly (one of the best purchases ever) and DVDs--yoga, Turbofire, and Insanity (oh how I have missed thee, Shaun T!). 

I am interested in a few new things to add to the mix:

-More beachbody programs like P90x 2 and Insanity: The Asylum.  I am such a sucker for beachbody programs.  They're a great workout and I love the convenience of working out at home--which I assume will only be THAT much more convenient with baby E. 

-Tracy Anderson's Post Partum Workout.  Two words: Gwyneth Paltrow.  If you need one more, Madonna.  Although seriously speaking, I'm not interested in looking completely like Madonna...but parts of her body I could be okay with:)  I've heard great things about this workout and it's pretty affordable for a DVD on Amazon so I think it's worth checking out.

-Formerly, the White Rock Marathon in Dallas in December.  It's now called the metroPCS Dallas Marathon but I imagine people around here will continue to call it "the White Rock".  This year's race will be held on Sunday, December 9.  Aaron is thinking that he'd like to shoot for the full; I'd be thrilled if this could be my "comeback" half...      

Exciting things to look forward to post-baby.  For now, I will continue to be extremely grateful for the 30 minutes a day I can still pound out on my treaddy:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment