Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Oatmeal Cookies

I told Aaron that these might be the best cookies I've ever made.  Something tells me that it might be the coconut craving talking but you be the judge.

These are vegan but don't let that scare you away if you're not!  We're not vegan but I'm willing to take any and every opportunity to up our daily fruit and veggie intake, especially in the form of a delicious sweet treat!  (I also didn't want to throw away perfectly good--but super ripe--bananas!)

You will need (adapted from Cathlin Cooks...but mostly bakes Healthy Banana Cookies):

3 ripe bananas
2.5 cups of old fashioned oats
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup carob chips
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
cinnamon and nutmeg to taste

Peel and mash the bananas.  Add in the oats, coconut, dried fruit, carob, oil, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix well.  Let sit for 15 minutes.  Spoondrop batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.  They will make your house smell wonderful!


The best part about these cookies is that you can pretty much add in whatever you want.  I'd maybe try some nuts or some dried cherries next time.....but Baby E says the coconut is non-negotiable!

1 comment:

  1. I just made something similar to this! I didn't have any canola oil & used applesauce instead. It still worked! :)
    -Tammy @ iEatNeat

    ReplyDelete