
As y'all know, I've been able to keep pretty active. I started to feel a sharp pain in my left glute and I assumed that it was just from running. Usually, yoga gets me back on track and keeps me injury free.
Unfortunately, I started feeling this sharp pain on Thursday and it hasn't gone away. It's not constant; but I feel it often enough for it to not be "normal". After some internet research and talking to one of my co-workers, I am 99.9% sure that it's sciatic nerve pain.
This is bad news because, well, it's uncomfortable. That sharp shooting pain is no joke. It's quite literally, a pain in the you-know-where!
The good news is that:
1. I'm going to the Dr. this week and so I can talk to her about it.
2. Running doesn't necessarily make it worse. And because it's nerve pain, running shouldn't make it worse...
3. According to the internet, I have a few options for relief. Mamas-to-be have mentioned going to a chiropractor or physical therapist, performing some cat-cow yoga stretches, sleeping with a pillow between your legs to relieve pressure and using a heating pad or ice.
4. The pain usually goes away on its own.
Oh, and why do I have this, you ask? Apparently, because your uterus grows SO much during pregnancy, your uterus pushes down on the sciatic nerve. Makes sense--there's only so much space for things to go!
Please say a little prayer for me that the pain goes away soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment